1. Shoot your short film, scene or monologue with your mobile phone based on the character, character’s life story or story plot you’re working on this month.
2. Make sure to film your story in the vertical position (the way you normally hold your phone.) Keep the resolution at 1080 x 1920. (9:16 Ratio)
3. Create a “Selects” list, where you identify the best shots/takes/angles and use those to bring into iMovie, LumaFusion or FCPX for further trimming either on your mobile device or laptop.
4. You can edit your Short/Scene or Monologue in many ways, but it should be no longer than 60 seconds long. Feel free to put an adequate score or song if it’s fitting. Remember that Facebook (who owns Instagram) now allows users to use music in videos from music belonging to any of the three major labels (Universal, Sony and Warner Music). You have a wide selection of scores and music. Pick wisely!
5. Any content that is unnecessarily and explicitly violent or profane will be automatically disqualified. Use this in moderation.
6. Once you are done editing your short, make sure to give color to your film by applying a color filter to your whole film. iMovie and Luma Fusion have several color filters inside the app. You can also apply one of Instagram’s color filters. When done coloring, upload it to Instagram & Facebook with the hashtags #ProlificArtists and #ProlificSnaps so we can find your submission. Be sure to set your post to public.